One of the essential pre-wedding ceremonies in a Kashmiri wedding is the mehandi ceremony. On the mehandi day (or raat), the bride and other girls apply mehandi aka henna on their hands. The ceremony takes place for the groom too in which mehandi is applied on his little finger.
The mehandi ceremony is incomplete without the Kashmiri wanvun, gyawun, and the mehandi cake. These days cakes look as beautiful as the bride herself. We thought why not present some incredible collection of phenomenal mehandi cakes baked by our Kashmiri bakers!
Here’s 11 delicious and unique mehandi cakes.
1. Even we were wonderstruck at first! This one looks like a royal gift for a royal mehandi ceremony. The person must have been delighted by seeing the special cake. This bewitching cake was baked by Farah Tanki.
2. Brides usually keep on checking calendars waiting for the wedding day. This baker actually put a calendar on the cake announcing the special day. The cake was made by HomeBake Sgr, another amazing baker.
Find Best Wedding Vendors in Kashmir
3. A magnificent cake for the magnificent couple, baked by Cafe Liberty. The geometrical design invokes a pleasant feel, further decorated by items made by icing including bangles and a Mehandi cone makes it look stunning!
4. The simple design of red silk draping and bouquet of white flowers induces the feeling of serenity and love; it must have made the Mehandi ceremony more splendid! It was baked by The Other Side Group, a restaurant with a gripping motto ‘From Scrumptious Bites to Baking thoughts’.
5. Dholki has been part of the wedding for centuries. Weddings are incomplete without Kashmiri music and Farah Tanki aptly understands this. Of course, a Mehandi cake designed as a Dholki is not a bad idea at all.
Also Read: Real wedding stories from Kashmir.
6. Look at this pretty Mehandi cake baked by HomeBake Sgr. Designed in the form of a blue sherwani, the groom must have been elated to see the cake.
7. Another mouth-watering masterpiece. The cushion design makes it very attractive with the color choice. Looks like the baker at Some Like It Sweet possess the great finesse of their craft.
8. The combination of gold and silver looks classy along with a flower bouquet on this two tier cake, another masterpiece by Farah Tanki.
9. A white two-tier cake decorated with white flowers on the sides and red icing fashioned like red silk cloth draped on top with elegant lace on the sides. Looks delicious! Another exquisite presentation by Farah Tanki.
10. This mouth-watering two-tier cake was baked by Some Like It Sweet for the auspicious event. The design conjures a feeling of a majestic mountain.
11. Check this out! Farah Tanki’s creativity is crossing the horizon with this piece of art, especially the tan colored decoration with ventricle patterns, and different items used for icing make it look more beautiful.
Did you spot a cool mehandi cake? Share it with us.
Author: Nandan Singh