You must have seen our post on the bridal trousseau (wardan) list for Kashmiri brides. We received a lot of love for it. So, we thought why not create a list for something similar and we landed on this – items required post-delivery or as some may refer to it as hospital bag.
Let’s check the list that you need for your delivery in Kashmir.
Tip: Keep the hospital bag ready at least a month before your due date.
Items Required for Mother in Hospital
- 1 packet adult diapers/sanitary napkin
- 2-4 underwear
- Feeding maxi (Can be a bit expensive 1500 for one maxi. But it helps in the initial days of delivery)
- Nipple cream for sore and painful nipples
Tip: Wrap a shawl or shower cap around your hair during delivery.
Baby Items to be Kept in the Hospital Bag
- 1 packet diapers (Size NB or newborn)
- 2 packet wipes/ Wet tissue
- Rash cream
- Baby powder
- Innerwear: At least 3 number of each
- a) vests
- b) chester
- c) thermal wear
- 1 Changing mat (buy 2 for you will need it in the future as well)
- 3 Pairs of clothes warm and cool both. Buy warm clothes no matter what the season or weather. The baby needs to be kept warm.
- 3 Pair of socks
- 3 Bibs
- A packet of Hankies (6)
- Pillow for feeding the baby. The baby is so tiny it does not reach to your breasts
Pro Tip: Avoid getting yellow clothes, wraps, or blankets for the baby at the time of the delivery.
Extra Items You Might Need in Hospital
- Hot Water bottle
- Headscarf/ shower cap
- Personal hygiene items such as comb, toothbrush, rubber bands, hair clips, soap, etc.
- Plates and glasses for serving sweets, preferably disposals
Tip: For extreme situations, match stick and a candle or a torch. One can never trust the electricity department in Kashmir.
Things for Future Use
- Diaper bag
- Baby sets
- Bath towel
- Baby soap and shampoo
- Safety pins
- Nail cutter for infants
- Quilt set
- Nursing bra for mother
We hope you have a healthy pregnancy. While you are in the hospital, the family member who is staying with you in the hospital needs to be vigilant about the antibiotics dose that you receive. Don’t miss any. Once you are home, eat healthy and extra food. You need to feed your newborn as well.
Do you want us to create a list for something else related to weddings? Let us know.
– Want to sell or buy lehnga in Kashmir? Join Mahrin group.
By Sehrish Mir